Ring slings are an easy-to-use, versatile carrier that allow you to wear your baby in a variety of positions with a custom fit each time. Designed to be longer than other brands, this sling will provide shoulder support and fit most wearers and babies comfortably while supporting strong bonding, hands-free convenience, and chest feeding on the go.
Florence is named for my favourite Italian city. The perfect neutral that changes temperature as you need reminds me of the soft stone colours of the city.
- 100% Linen
- Inclusive size to fit all
- 90″ long, 18″ shoulder seam
- Easy to use, adjustable
- Carries babies newborn to toddler (8-35lbs)
- Compact and lightweight, easy to pack
- Comfortable to wear, c-section healing friendly
- Handmade in Ontario, Canada
1 in stock
USING YOUR HERITAGE BABY DESIGNS RING SLING
Ring slings come with steeper learning curve than wrap or structured carriers, but once you’ve mastered it, you’ll find yourself reaching for this most convenient carrier. You can comfortably fit your sling in your diaper bag and have it ready in seconds to snuggle your babe.
Chase your toddler around, take the dog for a walk, window shop at the mall…you name it, your ring sling carrier will be there for you. This carrier can also pack up nice and small, but you can also keep this accessory on you for easy ups.
Follow TICKS for safety. This is a universal guide for keeping your children protected.
Tight – your sling should hold your baby close to your body with no slack
In View at All Times – the fabric of your sling should never cover baby’s face
Close Enough to Kiss – baby’s head must be close to your child, so you can easily lean in for a kiss
Keep Chin Off Chest – our baby’s chin should not be forced onto their chest in a curled position
Supported Back – baby’s bum must be in the deepest part of the sling with their back straight and secure
- Hold your sling with rings in one hand and the tail in the other, ensure fabric is not twisted at any stage.
- Pleat the fabric at the end of the tail. Pass the gathered tail through both rings, roughly half way, ensuring the fabric is still not twisted.
- Open the rings and pull the tail over the top ring and under the bottom ring.
- Spread the fabric out evenly between the rings from top to bottom rails and isolate the edges of the rails so that they can be identified. They should no overlap within the rings.
Wearing Your Baby – Tummy to Tummy
- Put your arm through the loop of the sling and bring it over your head with the rings resting on your preferred shoulder.
- Start with the rings higher up on your shoulders. Spread the fabric over your shoulder. Ensure the fabric is spread across your back.
- Tighten the sling as much as possible before securing baby in it, using your elbow as a guide. Keep the bottom rail a little loose and the top rail snug. The rings should rest at corsage position.
- Place baby high on the opposite shoulder of rings. While holding your baby, put your hand through the sling and guide baby’s feet through the pouch. Sit baby in the pouch, the bottom rail should behind his knees.
- While supporting baby with ring side hand, pull the top rail up to spread the fabric over your baby’s back. Pull the excess fabric between yourself and your baby to create a deep seat from knee to knee for baby.
- Tighten the sling bottom to top rails to removed excess slack. Use the tail of the sling by pulling up and out. Continue tightening until fabric tension is tight, even and snug across the backs of baby and wearer. Once secure, always conduct TICKS check.
Washing & Care: We recommend breaking your 100% linen ring sling in by washing it at least once for use. We recommend hanging or laying flat to dry but do not recommend putting it in the dryer. We suggest putting a sock on the rings before washing to avoid scuffing the rings. You can also break your sling in by: running it through the rings (perhaps while you watch Netflix), braiding your sling and by wearing it often! For more info check out the link to the tutorial videos.
Taking Baby Out
- While supporting your baby with one hand, loosen the sling by pulling up on the front ring.
- Pull fabric to create more slack in the pouch.
- Guide baby back out of the pouch and place in high burping position. Place baby down to remove your sling carrier.
REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT HERE.
DISCLAIMER – Lifetime of Love Doula Services Inc. & Heritage Baby Designs are not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur while using the sling. Please learn and follow our HOW TO and SAFETY TIPS. Please use common sense before and while using the sling. If you see any defects or abnormal wear and tear, please inform Heritage Baby Designs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Heritage Baby Designs is compliant with guidelines of The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), Canadian Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) and a member of the Baby Carrier Industry Alliance (BCIA)
GENERAL SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS – Please be sure to read and understand all safety recommendations and information on the Heritage Baby Designs warning label insert that you receive with your ring sling.
Sling should not be worn;
- In any situations involving water.
- Rigorous hiking, climbing, running or playing sports.
- Riding bikes, motorcycles, vehicles or any moving object.